Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp Tacos.
These roasted shrimp tacos are a weeknight favorite! Easy smoky shrimp roasted with corn, served with a crisp and refreshing lime slaw. Delicious!
I interrupt our Thanksgiving recipe programming for…
Regular food. Roasted shrimp tacos, to be exact. Smoky roasted shrimp tacos with corn and slaw, to be even more exact.
Whenever I have a few weeks of recipe testing, Eddie and the kids ask for “regular” food. Like, normal food. Nothing new or unusual, nothing crazy unique, just some good old regular food!
That’s what I consider these shrimp tacos to be. They are easy, simple, taste incredible and come together fast on a weeknight. They are also a crowd pleaser and relatively easy to serve when times are busy. Taco bars, forever!
I always find that we crave this kind of food during the holiday season. Something familiar and delicious, but not something heavy or wintery. After all the mashed potatoes and stuffing and gravy, I usually want a meal that tastes completely different!
And that’s exactly what we have.
To make these tacos, I throw raw shrimp, covered in spices, on a baking sheet. I toss in some corn, and while it all roasts, I make a slaw.
Our favorite slaw is simple: green cabbage, lots of lime, salt, pepper, olive oil, cilantro. Simple but crunchy and refreshing. A taco must.
Of course, other toppings are always welcome. We almost always have pickled onions and cotija cheese on hand. But any kind of salsa or pico is perfect too.
And that’s how easy it is. Satisfying, simple, so good.
Roasted Shrimp Tacos
Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup corn
- ½ green cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 12 4-inch flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- pickled onions for topping
- cotija cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with the smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the shrimp on a sheet pan. Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the shrimp roasts, make the slaw. Combine the cabbage, cilantro, lime juice and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Add a big pinch of salt and pepper and toss well.
- Add the corn to the sheet pan with the shrimp. This can be fresh corn. You can even sprinkle on frozen corn! Roast for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Time to serve! Serve on tortillas with the slaw, some pickled onions, the shrimp and corn and cotija cheese.